Putting plants and components into operation in the maximum and high voltage network requires a large degree of expertise and experience – particularly in what concerns the dynamic network processes. A good commissioning engineer is characterised by a profound knowledge about the power flow and short circuit behaviour of the various networks, the response times of network components, and by experience and competence when it comes to the analysis of faulty processes. By sending its own commissioning engineers, VESCON is sure to provide this essential know-how.
Before the newly constructed or upgraded plants are put into operation, however, they have to undergo numerous checks. The primary test device CPC 100 and the secondary test system CMC 356 by Omicron which we use for this purpose are state-of-the-art and multifunctional test instruments.
Types of Testing
Protective Ddevices Tests:
- Testing of protective devices of all makes and all generations (from conventional electromechanical relays to complex digital protective relays) with the help of the test system CMC 356
Current Transformer Tests:
- Testing of transformation ratio and apparent ohmic resistance (up to 2.000A primary current by external current amplifiers), polarity measurement, recording, magnetisation curve, etc.
Voltage Converter Tests:
- Testing of transformation ration and apparent ohmic resistance, polarity measurement
Power Transformer Tests:
- Transformation per step, resistances, transformer winding, step switch circuit, capacity and dissipation factor measurement in connection with coupling unit CP TD1
- Resistors such as contacts, windings
- In connection with coupling unit CP TD1: insulation check (dissipation factor tan delta) of high voltage system components such as power transformers, measuring transformers, power switches, condensers, etc.
Impedance and Earthing Measurements:
- In connection with coupling unit CP CU1: precise frequency selective impedance measurement of maximum voltage lines including zero sequence impedance for the correct setting of distance and fault location systems
- Testing of large earthing systems of high and maximum voltage switchboards